Saturday, September 15, 2007

HARDtalk Interview on BBC

Am sure most of you must've received the SMS today about the BBC interview with our Foreign Minister - Syed Hamid Albar on the current state of our country racial integration. I must've received at least a few dozen of those SMSes. But deep down I had this hunch that it will not be shown at all. It was suppose to be aired on Channel 93- BBC at 10.30pm. Am sitting in front of the TV now alternating between BBC and Discovery and true enough its not being aired.

We have seen this happen once before. Recently there was another SMS reporting that Al Jazeera will be airing a news piece on the recent apostasy case in Malaysia.IN particular it was related to the Revathi case. This was also taken off from the channels and never made it back to ASTRO. For those of you who missed it, you can watch it HERE courtesy of YouTube.

Now coming back to the today SMS about the BBC interview. This interview did happen, yesterday during the famous BBC show called HARDtalk.I have watched a few edition of the show before and let me tell you, this interview is not for the faint hearted as the interviewers can get real hostile if they dont get a good answer for their questions. This is why the show is very famous on BBC.They touch on real issues and the interviewers is not lame enough as well.Apparently our Foreign Minister got grilled over a host of issues in this edition of HARDtalk. Issues like university quota,racial discrimination of the Chinese and Indian community and much more. He is lucky it wasnt the other guy who is the original host of the show.

You can watch the interview at BBC HARDtalk website HERE. The clip is about 23minutes long it seems. I was unable to watch it myself as am still using dial-up at home and my new Vista is not installed with RealPlay which prevents me from streaming the show.

Further checking on local blogosphere, there seems to be contradicting information about the interview.Either way go and watch the interview yourself and make up your mind.

P.S Big up to Julie for watching the streaming on my behalf and updating me on the summary in order for me to update the blog here.

No comments: