Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Camex Escapade

The football season had barely started and already there is a break! Duh! we were just warming up for the runaway with the title....hahahaha. ok ok some would say its just fat hopes. For now I just hope this short 'honeymoon' does not have any adverse effect on the team when they return.

Either way ,the Camex (thats Cameron Highlands for non locals) trip turned out to be a distraction in the end. A short vacation was long overdue indeed. Around same period last year it was a trip to Bangkok with the geng that filled up the vacation quota last year. This year a few plan had to be scrapped for various reasons and Camex came as a last resort. Not that I have not been to he highland, I've must've been there almost a dozen times before. Thats what you expect when you live just 1 hour drive from Tanah Rata!

But then this is the first trip there for the ever charming (cheh wah) Sara and Reggie! And not to forget the indomitable 'demon slayer' VJ! In my opinion it WAS anything but a proper vacation! We didnt manage to get a hotel room, it was raining all the way, most attraction was closed and we finished everything by 3pm having only started the travel at 10am.

The only worth mentioning stuff was the cup of tea by the tea plantation estate and the not that bad Rose Garden. Given a choice I would not want to visit Camex again. But maybe for this year Deeps I might drive up to get some cheap flowers and vegetables. I mean where else can you get 5 stalks of sunflowers for RM10.00?? So the flowers and the greenery was the only bright side. But I do want to have a visit where I would put a night. I was told that you should experience a night at the highlands to get a feel of it!.

Nevertheless, the whole trip for the 2 girls to Ipoh wasnt wasteful anyway. We managed to go on a field trip of tasting Ipoh specialities. No trip to Ipoh would be complete without tasting the famous 'nga choi kai' and the old town white coffee would it?. And of course the visit to the pristine surroundings of the Gunung Lang Park.

Already I am looking forward for my trip to Sarawak in November which would be the proper vacation that had been long due. Latest news is I might be making 2 trips to Sarawak on November. Let see how it goes. Dont be jealous ppl!.. hahahahah I earned it

As for now, back to the reality of work! Arhhhh its Monday again!

No comments: