Tuesday, September 11, 2007

BBC's Quote of The Week - 21st August 2007

For those of you who frequents BBC's Sports Website, you must've come across the Quote of the Week section there. For those of you who don't or never, its essentially a collection of quotes from various parties concerning SPORTS in general over the past week.

Here are some of my fav entries for this week. Some of it are pure classic!

"I think I have a naive team. They are naive because they are pure and they are clean. We don't have divers, we don't have violent people."
Jose Mourinho on his clean-living Chelsea boys, following their dodgy penalty against Liverpool.
Yeah yeah naive my tuuut! As if I put a finger into Malouda's mouth and he wont even know how to suck it! - stormlead

"If Chelsea are naive and pure then I'm Little Red Riding Hood."
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez disagrees.
And I am Ultraman Gaya..nice one Rafa - stormlead

"Sadly, I have been unable to persuade Fifa, Uefa, and the Premier League to allow me to use 12 players in every game!"
Benitez defends his rotation policy.
Finally we have enough depth in the squad to put up a different team every other week! - stormlead

"I bet that was one of those times for Hleb when he wishes he had one of those Inspector Gadget extendable legs which he could use by pressing a button on his hip and it would bring the ball down enabling him to score... unfortunately he doesn't."
BBC London commentator on Arsenal's Alexander Hleb. (Thomas Roche, England).


"If Sven keeps on like this he'll be the next England manager!"
Gary Lineker on MOTD after Man City went top. (Gareth, England).

"Everyone deserves a trial. Even Saddam Hussein got a trial. One question I have is what was I sacked for? A former manager commented on some of these people, referring to mushrooms. But he was being very unfair to mushrooms. They grow on their own and they can stand on their own. The people involved here can't."
Ex-Clare hurling manager Tony Considine hits out after being sacked by the board without even being informed of their decision! (Karl, Ireland).


Don't hoover up while Chelsea are playing because if you knock the telly, Robben will fall over."
Former Dutch international Ruud Gullit quotes chaos theory scientists to give his verdict on Chelsea! (Phil, England).

hahahaha! Am laughing my socks out! Good one Gullit! - stormlead

"Anton Ferdinand on Championship Manager."
Bobby Zamora in West Ham's matchday programme when asked the worst thing he has ever bought. (Davey, Essex).

No comments: